Monday, March 24, 2014

Week #29

konnochiwa minasan.

I’m transferring, after 3 great transfers here in ouyam I'm headed on back down to Okinawa I'll tell you the specifics when I know. Unfortunately as we are moving into spring here in yamaguchi the sakura trees are about to bloom, and I'm leaving Honshu and heading to Okinawa which doesn't have sakura trees, right before they really bloom, zannen (unfortunate), but I'm exited to head back to Okinawa, it's gonna be a hot one summer in Okinawa is infamous for heat and humidity especially in the summer, I only hit the tail end of that when I was in Okinawa and some days were still pretty ridiculous. But, shikatta ga nai(nothing can be done).

On the bright side as far as the sakura trees go heavenly father knew how much I wanted to see them and provided a blooming tree, it was totally out of the way and unexpected but I got some pictures, its only in like fourth of the full bloom or even that but its something.

I just found out the name of my area is called shuri, so ya

This week has been really good we had a lot of chances to get out and dendo, which really raises the spirits high, I've been physically tired every night but happy every day, not kanke(relationship) issues really at all and I'm exited to continue in a new place.

We found a new investigator named Ono san he's 18 (just like me!) and going to the daigaku(college) for kiyudo (a Japanese archery sport) unfortunately when we came for the following app. he wasn’t home, zannen desu ne. But I hope they will be able to come in contact with him again,
   
The same day we contacted him was a big finding day, the most contacts and totsuzens (short lessons) I've ever done in one go, it was like 72 contacted people 11 short lessons 3 Books of Mormon and 2 baptismal invitations, it was like half of our weekly total in a day, the most important part however wasn't how many contacted, its really in those found it really helps to keep the spirits high when we keep our eye single to the work, focusing on finding those heavenly father has prepared. And we've definitely found some

Always remember your all as much of missionaries as i am the only difference is that i have the privilege to have this as my only responsibility, always remember that the best missionary work happens through members of the church, not through knocking on doors, the full time missionaries are just individuals who help the wards do missionary work, we're able to focus on those being taught rather than our job or our families but we also can't make the same connections with people as you can at work and through other things because we don't have the sufficient time, we however will happily accept anyone the members have invited. the missionaries are a tool for the Lords work and to the ward, the ward isn't a tool of the missionaries, work hard and keep your eye single to the work and you will see as many and more miracles than we do,

You are all missionaries even if you don't have a name tag, gambate kudasai and never forget, I love you all family friends and all, you're the best, stay strong stay faithful stay diligent just keep swimming.


-Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment